Aylesbury (Hartwell) Greyhound Track
In the little village of Hartwell West of Aylesbury there was a greyhound track South of the Oxford Road.
The Aylesbury and District Greyhound Racing Track opened on Saturday 24th June 24th 1933.
It was owned by Mr Ivor Richings, landlord of the Bugle Horn and Mr Dutch from Watford.
In the grandstand was a Totaliser and refreshment bar and racing was held three times a week
The track only lasted until the second World War because it was used to house Italian prisoners of war captured in North Africa.
It closed down in 1942 when it was first used for the prisoner camp and the site today is the Bugle Horn Estate.